Live Metal Prices / oz
Gold:
2306.44 USD
Silver:
29.07 USD
Platinum:
952.69 USD
Palladium:
883.80 USD
Rhodium:
5150.00 USD

The American Gold Eagle Coin - Quick Stats

23 Mar 2019 - Quick Coin Facts

 

Quick Fact Sheet on The American Gold Eagle Coins

The American Gold Eagle is one of the most sought after and popular gold bullion coins in the world. They have the backing of the US Economy. The US Mint first released the coins in 1986 but the coins were authorized the previous year when the Gold Bullion Act of 1985 was passed by the US Congress. The gold used in the coins is mined in the US which is a requirement under the Gold Bullion Act.

Brief History and Some Quick Facts on the American Gold Eagle.

Type

The American Gold Eagle is a perfect option to add to your precious metals investment portfolio due to its value and gold content. 

Mintage

This coin has the official authorization of the United States Congress and the backing of the US Mint, which is the responsible authority when it comes to minting bullion coins in the United States. The coin is minted annually by the US mint. The first ever American Gold Eagle was minted back in 1986 after the passing of the Gold Bullion Act the prior year.

Weights and Denominations of the American Gold Eagle Bullion Coin

The coin comes in four different denominations. Each has a different amount of gold or weight, which in turn gives the coin its own unique face value. The American Eagle gold coin’s face values are as follows:

  • The 1 troy ounce or 1oz American eagle with a face value of $500.
  • The ½ troy ounce of ½ oz American Eagle with a face value of $25.
  • The ¼ troy ounce or ¼ oz American Eagle with a face value of $10.
  • The 1/10 troy ounce or 1/10 oz American Eagle with a face value $5.

The American Gold Eagle is a wonderful bullion coin and a great store of value which makes it very valuable and a coin worth buying.

Design of the American Gold Eagle

Front Design

The original front design of the coin was done by Augustus Saint-Gaudens, a legendary American renaissance artist. The design is a depiction of the statue of Liberty, a universal symbol of American freedom. Below the statue are the year the coin was minted and the three words that feature on all US currencies, “In God We Trust.”

Rear Design

The rear design of the American Gold Eagle was done by sculptor Miley Busiek. In the design is a male eagle, flying over a nest and carrying an olive branch. In the nest are a female eagle and her hatchlings.

Brief History on the American Gold Eagle Bullion Coins

The Gold Eagle Bullion Coins were idealized in 1985 and authorized by the US Congress that same year by an act of Congress. In 1986, the first-ever American Gold Eagle was minted and they have been minted annually since then. To ensure and secure their value, the US Government itself guarantees the weight and purity of these bullion coins.

Why you should buy the American Gold Eagle Bullions?

The American Gold Eagle is one of the few coins in the world that are made using pure gold. With 91.67% pure gold, the Gold Eagle is very valuable and worth investing in. The coins have the backing of the US Government which runs the world’s largest economy.

Gold Content in the American Gold Eagle Bullion coins.

The American Gold Eagle Bullion coin consists of 91.67%, or 22 Karat, pure gold. The other 8.33% consists of silver and copper alloys, which are meant to increase the coin's resistance against scratches and damage.

Other Specs of the American Gold Eagle Bullion Coins

The American Gold Eagle comes in four denominations with varying specifications which are as follows.  

  • The American Gold Eagle 1 Oz coin has a diameter of 32.70mm, a thickness of 2.87mm, it weighs 1.0909 troy ounces and has a face value of $50.
  • The ½ Oz Gold Eagle has a diameter of 27mm, a thickness of 2.24mm, it weighs 0.5454 troy ounces and has a face value of $25.
  • The 1/4 Oz Gold Eagle has a diameter of 22mm, a thickness of 1.83mm, it weighs 0.2727 troy ounces and has a face value of $10.
  • The 1/10 Oz Gold Eagle has a diameter of 16.50mm, a thickness of 1.19mm, it weighs 0.1091 troy ounces and has a face value of $5

If you are looking for a safe store of value to invest in, consider the American Gold Eagle Bullion Coin.

 

world map
Hello!
To make your shopping experience as seamless as possible, we offer the option to select your shipping country, preferred currency, and language. Please use the dropdown menus below to customize your preferences:
By selecting your preferred options, you will be able to view prices and shipping rates in your local currency and language, and be able to shop with ease.